Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday Boy


Part of my new year's resolution was to make more birthday cards for males (along with lose weight and find a better balance between card making, kids, housework and work - all the usual). At least I am starting out on the right foot, I think, with this being my third male card for the year.


The image is a digital download from The Greeting Farm called Birthday Boy Ian. I have gone around the image in my own handwriting (OMG!) and written Happy Birthday to You, which is so like what I do with my journaling in Scrapbooking. The papers are from Junkitz Collectionz Paperz, Boys Collectionz - Boy stars and Boy plaid and I just love these papers. The brads are Build-A-Brad from Stampin' Up and I have punched out a star and put in each. The red star came from Magnolia Down Under prior to Christmas, I don't think Kellie has them anymore, pity!!


I am entering this card into: Stampavie's Challenge #74 Boy Birthday Card and I used the sketch for this weeks challenge at Stamp With Fun.

5 comments:

Valoudesbois said...

Hi,

Here is a great resolution, and a great card.

Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More

Bec said...

Gorgeous Card Alleena, Bec xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. The image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

tina46 said...

wonderful card !! love the sweet image! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely Birthday-card!
An adorable image and lovely colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
I wish you a lovely week-end!
Anne :)