Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Magnolia for the Old Boy




I know, I know, you might be thinking that is a rude title but it is for my Grandfather who is turning 84 so I think he would be flattered to be called an old Boy and not an old Man!! I am not very good at males cards but my new year resolution is to try harder to make great Boys cards. When I saw the Just Magnolia sketch for the fortnight, Week 38, I was in a busy rush doing Christmas cards and didn't give it a second thought, however now I have been thinking birthday cards and I think this sketch is excellent for male cards, gives them a little extra.

The Edwin is a stamp that a friend stamped for me and I must admit I looked at it and thought I will never use that! Then I started to think about altering stamps and thought 'Why don't I cut the wings off?'. I think it lends itself a little better to the older, more conservative male like this and I love how the card turned out. What do you think? Don't get me wrong, I love the Magnolias as they are but I tested it out on my hubby and he said it looked a little off!!

3 comments:

Bec said...

this is just adorable.. bec xx

Mina said...

I have to disagree with you Alleena your brilliant at mens cards going by this one...bet your grandfather loves it...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Fran said...

This is a great mans card! I think Edwin looks great on there too, and probably more appropriate without the wings for an older man :)
Thank you so much for your kind words on my bolg, you brightened up my morning!