Thursday, July 1, 2010

Second post and another Friday Sketches


Okay, okay I loved the sketch from Friday Sketches this week so much that I have used it again for yet another male 30's card that I needed to do. This card is for a good friend who was 30 in the middle of June but is having a big bash next weekend. I love this image from Lilly of the Valley and could just imagine him swinging on a rope over the Mighty Murray River as a youngster. I have coloured the image with Copic Markers and inked all of the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain. The paper is from Delicious Papercrafting, October Afternoon Fly a Kite Paper Pack (I think!!), except for the blue which is SU Urban Garden. The card mounts are SU Close to Cocoa and the card is SU Kraft cardstock. The 30 has also been sponged with the Walnut Stain. The leaves are cut with a Sizzix die and the buttons were from the local material shop.

Overall a plain card but I think it is pretty effective!

No comments: